You cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine if you have:
- Current COVID-19 infection with symptoms or have not been cleared to discontinue isolation.
Follow these tips for your vaccine appointment:
- When arriving at UMC in Tuscaloosa, check in under the portico.
- Face masks are required to enter the building and must be worn at all times inside UMC.
- Remain socially distanced.
- For safety and space capacity reasons, do not bring anyone with you unless you require assistance.
- Wear clothing to allow access to your left shoulder and upper arm.
- Don’t eat or drink anything for 15 minutes before your appointment because we have to take your temperature as part of screening.
- You will be required to sign the informed consent form. You may review it beforehand.
- Plan to remain at the vaccination site for 15-30 minutes to be monitored for any reaction.
- Be prepared to schedule an appointment for the second injection 21-28 days from the initial injection. We will assist you with this.
- If you are sick or cannot keep your scheduled appointment, please call UMC at (205) 348-1471 and reschedule.
Contact the COVID Support Team if you have:
- Tested COVID positive in the last 14 days; or
- Received or plan any other vaccination (including flu, shingles) in the period of two weeks BEFORE the first COVID vaccine dose through two weeks AFTER the second dose; or
- form of identification
- insurance card, if available. There are no out-of-pocket costs, including for those without insurance coverage
- CDC vaccine card — if receiving a 2nd dose