Prior to arriving, please review the FAQs and vaccine fact sheets. UA is currently providing the Pfizer vaccine through the Student Health Center and the Moderna vaccine through the University Medical Center. Please review materials related to these vaccines.
You cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine if you have:
- Current COVID-19 infection with symptoms or have not been cleared to discontinue isolation.
Follow these tips for your vaccine appointment:
- When arriving at UMC in Tuscaloosa, check in under the portico.
- Face masks are required to enter the building and must be worn at all times inside UMC.
- Remain socially distanced.
- For safety and space capacity reasons, do not bring anyone with you unless you require assistance.
- Wear clothing to allow access to your left shoulder and upper arm.
- Don’t eat or drink anything for 15 minutes before your appointment because we have to take your temperature as part of screening.
- You will be required to sign the informed consent form. You may review it beforehand.
- Plan to remain at the vaccination site for 15-30 minutes to be monitored for any reaction.
- Be prepared to schedule an appointment for the second injection 21-28 days from the initial injection. We will assist you with this.
- If you are sick or cannot keep your scheduled appointment, please call UMC at (205) 348-1471 and reschedule.
Contact the COVID Support Team if you have:
- Tested COVID positive in the last 14 days; or
- Received or plan any other vaccination (including flu, shingles) in the period of two weeks BEFORE the first COVID vaccine dose through two weeks AFTER the second dose; or
- form of identification
- insurance card, if available. There are no out-of-pocket costs, including for those without insurance coverage
- CDC vaccine card — if receiving a 2nd dose