The UA experience extends beyond the classroom. Planning is underway for student organizations, and social and large events, with the goal to preserve the student experience, consistent with public health and safety requirements. Student Life planning has been developed and will be continuously revised with input from our Student Life professionals and students, with a priority of making events virtual when possible.
Housing and Residential Communities (HRC)
- HRC will preserve students’ residence life in their “home away from home.”
- COVID will require some changes, especially social distancing in common areas such as building kitchens and laundry, non-UA visitors will be limited, PPE for staff, education, training, enhanced cleaning, and staggered move-in.
- Isolation spaces will be provided for any on-campus students who may need them. UA has had a designated location since March and will increase access as needed.
- Move-in will be staggered with distancing.
Student Groups and Greek Life
- Student Life will assist student organizations to use and plan for larger physical spaces, allowing for greater social distancing for face-to-face events and meetings.
- Campus dining, including Greek dining, will require adjustments to maintain distancing.
- Social events and group experiences, such as Get-on-Board day, career fairs, swaps, parties, and recruitment activities will be planned to preserve the experience, consistent with health and safety requirements.
- Student groups will be assisted in their own efforts to educate and train on health promotions, and to maintain required distancing and other safety protocols.
- Student groups will be expected to have social distancing and PPE plans, and must keep attendee lists to assist with exposure notification.
- Critical services, such as the Career Center, Counseling Center, WGRC, and Student Health Center, will continue, with enhanced remote availability.
- Academic support services, to including tutoring and the writing center, will also continue, with enhanced remote options.
- University Recreation will be open, with enhanced distancing and cleaning.