In late May, President Bell created a “Situational Response Team” to monitor and address COVID-19 issues that may arise before and after the return to full operations.
The team includes representatives and experts from throughout campus
- Academic Affairs, including instructional technology.
- Finance and Operations representatives, including experts in PPE, cleaning protocols, public safety, and human resources.
- Health Sciences, including medical and epidemiological expertise.
- President’s Office.
- Strategic Communications.
- Student Life.
The Situational Response Team is expected to:
- Assess and evaluate our plan.
- Recommend needed adjustments to our plan.
- Monitor important data points that may impact our plan, including:
- Infection rates.
- Testing capabilities and results.
- Use of the Stay Safe Together platform.
- Capacity at the Student Health Center, University Medical Center, and local hospitals, serving our faculty, staff, students and the community.
- Advise leadership as we move forward.