COVID-19 will remain a concern. Not all spread can be avoided, and attending events certainly increases your (and others’) chances of contracting the virus. Online events remain first choice and outdoor venues are encouraged. Physical distancing and masks remain requirements.
- Large student events are prohibited. To protect against the spread of COVID-19, all large gatherings organized by or for a student or student organization are prohibited until further notice. This includes band parties, swaps, formals, out-of-town and off-campus parties, and large social gatherings of any other kind.
- Size limits will be enforced for student and academic events (e.g., invited speakers, socials, etc.):
- Indoor events may include no more than 50 individuals
- Outdoor events may include no more than 100 individuals
- Attendance limits necessarily depend on the space that is scheduled, and may only allow for smaller gatherings
- Off-campus student events are strictly prohibited, including those sponsored by, or on behalf of, students or student organizations
- Student event registration and attendee lists are required – all on and off-campus student organization events, including virtual events and meetings, must be registered with the Office of Student Involvement. A detailed list of all attendees with contact information must be maintained by the organizer/host for 14 days.
- Student organizations hosting events will be required to complete and pass with 90% proficiency the Event Smart training module or will be be asked to meet with the Office of Student Involvement prior to their first event
- Events must also comply with state and local health ordinances
- Except for seated meals, any food or beverages provided during an event must be individual grab-n-go options
- Passport Use Required – event organizers must provide attendees with a link to the Guide Safe Healthcheck 24 hours in advance, and use it to facilitate attendance
The Provost’s office and UA Division of Student Life teams are here to help. Any exceptions to these rules must be approved by them in writing. Attendance for classes and athletic events are addressed in event-specific plans. These rules will be strictly enforced.