Message from VP for Student Life
- October 15th, 2020
- in Student Messages
I am pleased to share the good news that, beginning Oct. 19, student organizations may host social events with these rules:
- All events, including off-campus events at a business or venue in the city of Tuscaloosa, must be registered and approved through mySource.
- Given current University restrictions on travel, no events may take place outside the city of Tuscaloosa.
- Events must follow capacity limits set by UA Environmental Health and Safety (on campus) and ADPH and city officials off campus.
- Regardless of capacity, attendance must remain limited to no more than 50 for indoor events and 100 for outdoor events.
- Attendance at all in-person events must be tracked by the student organization through the Campus Labs Check-In App and mySource Event Pass. Failure to track attendance could result in sanctions for the organization.
- In-person events of any kind are PROHIBITED on UA home football game days and from Thanksgiving break through winter break (Nov. 21, 2020 – Jan. 12, 2021).
- Virtual events are allowed and strongly encouraged.
Masks, social distancing and all policies outlined in the Social Event Guidelines Addendum must be strictly followed at all events. Details about planning and hosting events are on this chart. Please carefully read these directives with the guidelines for any events. Contact our Office of Student Involvement with questions.
I am proud of the progress we have made and excited to safely restore in-person student events. We have entered the second half, but the semester is not over yet. Let’s finish strong by remaining committed to the process and doing our part to protect our campus community and remain Tide Together.
Myron L. Pope
Vice President for Student Life