Message from the VP for Student Life – Jan. 29
- January 29th, 2021
- in Student Messages
I am grateful for your vigilant attention to campus health and safety policies as we continue to track key health indicators. As a result, beginning Monday, Feb. 1, student organizations may host non-social engagement events that support their mission and business operations.
- Permitted event types include: organizational business meetings, recreational activities, academic study groups, religious gatherings and community-building events. Limited intake/recruitment, initiation, sister/brotherhood and philanthropy events will be approved on a case-by-case basis
- Events must follow the previous limitations for a maximum of 50 people inside and 100 people outside for on-campus events and no more than 150 attendees for approved off-campus events.
- Permitted in-person events must take place between 6 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Only very limited off-campus activities may be approved.
- All student organization events must be registered through the Source.
- Virtual events are allowed and strongly encouraged.
In-person student social events still prohibited include:
- Parties, band parties, swaps, day parties and date parties.
- Philanthropy events with social event elements (amplified music including bands and DJs, cookouts, etc.).
Masks, social distancing and all policies outlined in the Social Event Guidelines Addendum must be strictly followed. Review our guide on planning and hosting events, Campus Events directives and Event Limitations which provide the overarching guidelines for any events. All events are subject to approval and can be denied, canceled or revoked up to the day of the event. Contact Student Involvement with any questions.
We will continue to evaluate loosening moratorium restrictions and, should numbers continue to improve, the possibility to lift the moratorium on Feb. 15, allowing student organizations to hold social events. Thank you for staying the course and following the health and safety protocols in our Spring 2021 Return Plan.
Let’s all do our part to stay Tide Together.
Myron L. Pope
Vice President for Student Life