Message from the VP for Student Life – Feb. 12
- February 12th, 2021
- in Student Messages
I am pleased to share the good news that beginning Feb. 15, student organizations may host social events with these rules:
- All events, including off-campus events at a business or venue in the city of Tuscaloosa, must be registered and approved through mySource.
- Given current University restrictions on travel, no events may take place outside the city of Tuscaloosa.
- Events must follow the previous limitations for a maximum of 50 people inside and 100 people outside for on-campus events and no more than 150 attendees for approved off-campus events.
- During registered events, visitors are permitted in common spaces of fraternity, sorority and small group houses. Access to residential spaces remains limited to residents and members of the organization.
- Events at residential spaces and off-campus residences will not be approved.
- Attendance at all in-person events must be tracked by the student organization through the Campus Labs Check-In App and mySource Event Pass. Failure to track attendance could result in sanctions for the organization.
- Virtual events are allowed and strongly encouraged.
Masks, social distancing and all policies outlined in the Social Event Guidelines Addendum must be strictly followed at all events. Review our guide on planning and hosting events, Campus Events directives and Event Limitations, which provide the overarching guidelines for any events. All events are subject to approval and can be denied, canceled or revoked up to the day of the event. Contact Student Involvement with any questions.
I am proud of the progress we have made and excited to safely restore in-person student events. Let’s finish the semester strong by remaining committed to the process and doing our part to protect our campus community and remain Tide Together.
Myron L. Pope
Vice President for Student Life