Message from the President – Sept. 9
Dear students, faculty, staff and parents,
Hoping your Labor Day weekend was safe and relaxing, I want to update you on three COVID-19 steps we have implemented effective today.
- For our students who test positive and prepare to move to campus isolation space, staffing and medical resources have been enhanced to ensure prompt communication and expanded services.
- The COVID19 hotline (205-348-2819) has been upgraded to speed the delivery of answers to your questions. The UA healthinfo website is another good resource.
- A key component of our plan, sentinel testing for asymptomatic students, faculty and staff, began yesterday and will continue weekly. Participation is required for all students who live on campus and other select groups. Verily, the company that has worked with us on many aspects of our testing program, will notify you if you are selected for sentinel screening.
Other testing reminders:
- Testing for students who are symptomatic or have been exposed is 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. each weekday at Coleman Coliseum.
- Testing for employees who are symptomatic or have been exposed is 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. each weekday at University Medical Center.
- For-cause testing in geographic areas or groups continues as determined by UA health officials.
- The Student Health Center will remain open for any weekend testing needs.
As a reminder from the Division of Student Life, we are continuing the moratorium on student events through Sept. 13 as we meet with student leaders and health officials to determine the appropriate next steps.
The health and safety of our community is our top priority and we will use every resource available to assist with testing, education and enforcement. Thank you for your commitment, patience and resiliency in the face of these challenges as they are making a difference.
Stuart R. Bell