Message from the President – Sept. 14
Dear students, faculty, staff and parents,
I want to thank each of you for your commitment, patience and resilience. Your actions are making a measureable and positive impact on our campus.
Last week provided strong and encouraging data affirming that we are on course and on mission.
- The UA System dashboard update showed a 65% drop in COVID-positive cases on our campus week-over-week.
- Our Division of Student Life outlined areas of relaxation to the in-person gatherings moratorium.
- We announced fall enrollment of 37,842, reflecting the high value our students and parents see in an on-campus education here at the Capstone.
- Dr. Deborah Birx, coordinator of the White House Coronavirus Response, visited Tuscaloosa Friday to meet with System and University leaders, including a number of our outstanding students. An esteemed physician and global health leader, Dr. Birx was highly complimentary of our comprehensive Health and Safety program and our campus initiatives.
I am very proud of the progress we have made, and we can’t stop now.
- Wear your mask.
- Practice social distancing.
- Avoid large gatherings.
This week we continue implementing our sentinel testing program. For students, faculty and staff: if you haven’t set up your account, please go to healthy.verily.com to participate in this important initiative. Those with questions are encouraged to utilize the newly enhanced COVID19 hotline at 205-348-2819.
The University of Alabama is known worldwide as the Capstone because we look after one another and set an example for those around us. Thank you for helping lead the way. Because of you, we are all Tide Together.
Stuart R. Bell